Seashore Middle Academy
Address: 15437 SPID
Corpus Christi, Texas 78418
SMA Liaison to Island Foundation Board of Directors:
Kassandra Taylor: email@example.com
Seashore Middle Academy is an open-enrollment, public charter school serving grades 5-8. The Academy's tuition-free program provides a college-preparatory curriculum for students living in Padre Island, Flour Bluff, Port Aransas, the Naval Air Station, and the National Seashore.
Seashore Middle Academy provides a rigorous curriculum, small class sizes, and opportunities for students to receive individual attention for remediation and acceleration. Seashore offers multiple levels of math, a lab-based science program, and technology integrated into every classroom. Each student has access to a laptop computer for use during and after school. High school credit courses, including Spanish, Health, Communications Applications,Theatre 1 and advanced Math courses may be completed during the seventh- and eighth-grade years. Because SMA is a school of choice, parents and students considering this school should be committed to regular attendance and consistently turning in homework and completing assignments. In order for your student to be successful, this must be a goal shared by all. Please consider this school wide philosophy as you make your choice.
Health Department Immunization Clinic
1702 Horne Rd. Rm 21
Seashore Mission Statement
To prepare all students for success in an ever changing, high-tech global community.
Seashore Vision Statement
- SMA will provide a well-rounded, rigorous college preparatory curriculum.
- SMA fine arts programs, clubs, and extra curricular activities will recognize and nurture the individual interests and abilities of students. Students will be encouraged to explore lifelong pursuits.
- SMA students will develop critical thinking skills through emphasized science and math curriculum.
- SMA students will develop a high level of mastery of the building blocks necessary for success in high school, college, and an ever-changing global society.
- SMA academic and advisory programs will develop responsible citizens with personal integrity, organizational and social skills, and with an ingrained sense of volunteerism.
- SMA will recruit highly qualified staff that expects excellence from themselves and their students, and we will nurture their ability to use non-traditional teaching methods to instill a passion for everyday learning.
Seashore Middle Academy will not discriminate in admissions based on gender, national origin, ethnicity, religion, disability, academic, artistic, or athletic ability, or the district the child would otherwise attend.